me to share more about the Bridging to Resilience Conference. I am blown away by the depth of expertise presenting with us this year! There is no other conference like this. We will have at-promise students and parents sharing with us as well as community organizations that are hungry to partner with schools for solutions! We are so much stronger when everyone’s at the table!
Opening Remarks and kickoff by ACEs Connection Founder, Jane Stevens!
This is Jim Sporleder’s Annual Conference in Partnership with ESSDACK. Come as a participant-leave as a part of the family!
- Our featured speakers, Kevin Honeycutt, Ginger Lewman, and Jim Sporleder, will be sharing keynotes and breakouts.
- There will be community poverty projects sharing their ideas and resources. School districts will highlight success stories creating trauma responsive schools.
- ESSDACK consultants Tamara Konrade, Robi Alstrom, Carmen Zeisler, Rebecca Lewis-Pankratz (me), and Katie Perez will share how Inspired Leadership Energy Levels, literacy tools, and Project-Based Learning can positively impact student learning.
- Classroom teachers will highlight how they’re building powerful relationships in diverse classrooms.
And make plans to attend the powerful Student Hope Spotlights and Parent Panel. We believe the experts on poverty and trauma are the people who have dealt with it on a personal level:
- The Parent Panel highlights mothers who are working their way out of poverty and have histories of high trauma. They’re excited to bring us their insight.
- Research tells us that kids from difficult backgrounds have a deep need to contribute. And we have kids with stories to tell who are ready to be a part of the solution! Our Student Hope Spotlight speakers bring powerful narratives to the conversation.
- This is a sacred space that is rarely encountered, especially at conferences. Together with our keynotes and breakouts, the Hope Spotlights and Parent Panel will shift your hearts, minds, and practice. These student and parent stories are a must not miss!
MONDAY APRIL 22
TUESDAY APRIL 23
Welcome & Hope Spotlight
Opening Keynote: Kevin Honeycutt
Morning Breakout Sessions
9:45 – 10:45 am
11:00 am – 12:00 pm
Lunch & Hope Spotlight
12:00 – 1:00 pm
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
1:15 – 2:15 pm
Afternoon Keynote: @Jim Sporleder
2:30 – 3:15 pm
Bonus Session: Creative Tension Model led by McPherson High School students
3:30 – 4:30 pm
TUESDAY EVENING APRIL 23
Self Care and Connections
7:00 – 9:00 pm
- Digital Jam with Kevin Honeycutt
- Deep Dive into Emotional Freedom Technique
- A Journey with the Body: Trauma Informed Yoga
WEDNESDAY APRIL 24
Registration & Breakfast
7:00 – 8:00 am
Welcome & Hope Spotlights
Opening Keynote: Ginger Lewman
Morning Breakout Session
9:30 – 10:30 am
Parents in Poverty panel discussion
10:45 – 11:30 am
Lunch & Hope Spotlight: Sherrie
11:45 – 12:45 pm
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
1:00 – 2:00 pm
2:15 – 3:15 pm
Closing Keynote: Jim Sporleder