"So people are not only baffled and alarmed by their symptoms; they are more often than not seeking-and getting-the wrong kind of help from people accustomed to using discussion, thinking, and language-help that often misfires. It’s not that talk therapy is bad. The emotional support of a sympathetic listener is as critically important as it ever was. It’s just that it’s not enough by itself.”
Belleruth Naparstek, Invisible Heroes: Survivors of Trauma and How They Heal, 2004, pg. 13
Online Chat with Belleruth Naparstek Today on ACEsConnection
- When: Dec. 12th (10 AM / 1 PM EST )
- Where: Chats, ACEs Connection
- Topics to be Covered:
- What is Guided Imagery
- Isn't Trauma Too Hard for Something as Easy Guided Imagery?
- Challenges & Tools for Parents with Post-Traumatic Stress /Parenting with ACEs
- Your Questions
How to Attend Online Chats:
How to Leave a Question for Belleruth Naparstek Even if You Can't Join the Chat Live:
- Go here (Chats)
- Post your question (bottom of the box) Question will be visible when chat goes live and you can review transcript later to see response/reply.
Links to Past Chat Transcripts & After Chat Blog Posts:
- Chat Transcript: Donna Jackson Nakazawa: Well-Being, Self-Care & ACEswith Jane Stevens
- Chat Transcript: Sebern Fisher: Neurofeedback & ACEs & Blog Post Summary: Neurofeedback & ACEs Quotes
- Chat Transcript: Fathers & ACEs: C. Clayton Daniels Jr. & B. Hamel & Blog Post Summary: Making the Good Stuff Louder blog post.
- Chat Transcript: Menopause, Parenting & ACEs: Carey Sipp & Blog Post Summary: Parenting, Menopause & ACEs
- Chat Transcript: An ACE-Informed Pediatrician: Dr. Claudia M. Gold & Blog Post Summary: Empathy & Listening as ACE-Informed Practice
- Chat Transcript: Parenting, PTSD & ACEs: Joyelle Brandt & Dawn Daum & Blog Post Summary: Parenting with PTSD & ACEs Chat Highlights