NCAR (National Collaborative on Adversity and Resilience)
- Inclusivity: We believe that community voices, alongside those of policy-makers, practitioners and researchers, should contribute to dialogue and change.
- Equity: We believe that every person should be treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We challenge ourselves and all our organizations and systems of care to strive for cultural awareness, humility and justice.
- Wellness: We embrace an expansive and holistic definition of wellness that encompasses physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. We support and promote a broad range of evidence-informed services and programs that contribute to the safety, health, happiness and empowerment of individuals and communities.
- Heart-Head Connection: We believe in the powerful connection between empathy—our deep sense of connection to others—and the emerging biomedical science of adversity and resilience. We employ both heart and head to set standards and develop humane, evidence-informed prevention and intervention strategies.
- Collaborative Capacity: We believe that strategic collaboration leads to better results when all partners have the capacity for leadership, adaptability and democratic decision-making—along with the core support and flexible, long-term funding to build that capacity in a sustainable way.