Sample Community Meeting Agenda:
I. Mindful Moment
Welcome New Members
III. Steering Group Celebrations & Updates
IV. ACEs Connection Community Site - *Tips and Tools
V. Work Group Report Out
A. Outreach & Membership
B. Communications & Events
C. Trainings and Presentations
D. Sector specific Work Groups
VI. Presentation from Community Organization or Individual of Trauma-Informed, Resilience-Building Journey
VII. Time for Networking
Sample Steering Group Meeting Agenda:
- Facilitator: See draft agenda below
- Note taker: Type notes on laptop at meeting
- Uploader and photographer: Upload notes to ACEs Connection group as a blog for comment by group, populate ACEs Connection group with content from notes (add previous or upcoming events to calendar, invite new members to join, post presentations/videos to clips, start any necessary forums/discussion topics, etc.). Post a photo or two from the meeting.
- Intros and icebreaker (consider honoring people's work and engaging the senses by including a moment of silence, a short meditation, handing out warm towels, lavender lotion, small bottles of bubbles, etc.)
- Showing the group on a screen via laptop and computer projector, review one function of the ACEs Connection group (one new function per meeting -- how to post a blog, how to add a calendar event, how to add a video, etc.)
- Review any ACEs presentations done by group members since the last meeting, and assign requests for presentations.
- Updates and next steps from Working Groups (if established)
- Work on assets mapping (contacts, presentations, outreach, invites, etc.); ask for volunteers to do outreach, set up meetups with organizations in sectors that aren't involved yet.
- Review where the group is at on the Roadmap to Resilience and make decisions on where to go next
- Plan for public meetings/community roundtables/town halls, special events, and/or ACEs Summits
- Conduct ACEs and Resilience surveys among Steering Committee members (can be anonymous, would be helpful to include results)
- Ask people to post a blog about what they're doing.
Sample Strategic Planning Agenda
Goal: At the conclusion of this session, we will have a clear sense of our purpose, what we are working for, and possibly some concrete activities or next steps.
Determine notetakers and/or recorders for each section.
- Mindful minutes — 5 min
- Introductions, planning goals and expected deliverables — 15 min
- What is your purpose? Why are you here? — 70 min
- Review and Refresh Your Mission/Vision Review draft handouts
- Where are you now? What are you currently doing and what is working? 30 min
- 6. How do you want to get there? — 75 min Complete next steps Action Plan
- What next? — 15 min What are you doing next week/ next month? What future planning is needed?