STAR I is 4.5 day, highly engaging and interactive training that examines:
- Trauma overview & definitions—types of trauma
- Effects of trauma—emotional, cognitive, physical, spiritual, behavioral
- Unhealed trauma and cycles of victimhood and violence—acting in and acting out
- Tools and processes for addressing trauma—body, mind, spirit; restorative justice and conflict transformation
- Resilience and self-care—individual and collective
STAR aims to strengthen the capacity of individuals, organizations and communities to:
• understand the impacts of trauma,
• interrupt cycles of violence, and
• build resilience
• at personal, community and societal levels.
STAR is for people whose work brings them in contact with populations dealing with current or historic trauma: mental health, medical and legal professionals, clergy, educators, peacebuilders, humanitarian, human rights and development workers — all those who need to be trauma-informed in order to do trauma-sensitive programming.
The training is at Eastern Mennonite University in Harrisonburg, VA and requires registration. The training fee is $995, and scholarship money is available to assist with cost. Find out more on our website!