Final Filing Date 01/31/2021
This Human Resources Analyst Senior will work with the new Preschool for All division and provides advanced professional and technical consultative support and serve as a subject matter expert with in-depth knowledge of employee and labor relations, complaint investigations, performance management, and workforce planning which includes succession planning, equity and outreach as related to short and long term staffing. Work is performed independently, governed by general objectives and broad policy guidelines. Work situations are varied and involve a high degree of complexity. Incumbents are considered subject matter experts and provide advice and counsel to managers, supervisors and employees of operating departments and divisions. Decisions made or actions taken typically affect the entire department and/or county in the assigned area of responsibility. This position will also lead recruitments, Workday and HR procedures.
As the Human Resources Analyst Senior you will:
- Provide internal HR consulting services to DCHS in the areas of employee relations, labor relations, collective bargaining agreement language interpretation, conflict resolution, performance evaluation and management, behavioral modification and corrective action, administration of discipline as well as employment law, personnel rules and policy interpretation and application.
- Advise and assist managers and supervisors in responding to grievances at the appropriate steps. Provide documentation and evidence to Central HR, Labor Relations and the County Attorney's office for grievance appeals and current or former employee matters.
- Develop internal HR process and procedural improvements to inform. educate and persuade a diverse audience such as County employees, HR Staff, line management and union representatives. Justify procedural process with accurate technical and statistical information.
- Assist HR Manager in designing and developing procedural guidelines of DCHS.
- Coordinate, participate or lead committees to plan, develop and implement various contract language, HR issues or Personnel Rule change.
- Communicate training opportunities, develop and implement training and /or facilitations needed for assigned customers.
- Answer questions, research errors, missing payments and why something happened.
- Work with payroll, leave admin, the Workday team and other departments to find solutions to issues.
- Train and advise staff and managers on what works and how to enter time or change information regarding the employee's records and how managers can review their team's information and org structures.
- Provide guidance to managers on staffing structures.
- Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive recruitment plans for DCHS.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of recruiting and selection process in meeting affirmative action goals and make recommendations to HR Manager and management team regarding revisions to the process.
Successful Candidates will demonstrate:
- Ability to promote a culture of respect, inclusiveness, and appreciation of diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and values
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships to achieve positive work outcomes
- Comfort with change
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant. For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree AND:
- Three (3) to six (6) years of experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
*Transferable skills: Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
APPLY ONLINE - https://multco.wd1.myworkdayjo...nalyst-Senior_R-4300