Across the country, health care stakeholders increasingly recognize the impact of trauma on health and the value of trauma-informed care. But the logistics of adopting a trauma-informed approach to care and seamlessly integrating such a focus into the day-to-day routines of a health care setting are less clear.
The newTrauma-Informed Care Implementation Resource Center, developed by the Center for Health Care Strategies with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, offers a one-stop information hub for health care providers and other stakeholders interested in implementing trauma-informed care. It houses resources developed by experts from across the field, including:
- Foundational knowledge regarding the impact of trauma on healthand trauma-informed care;
- Testimonials from providerswho have adopted trauma-informed principles;
- In-the-field examplesillustrating how trauma-informed care can be integrated into health care settings;
- Practical strategies and toolsfor implementing trauma-informed approaches to care; and
- Information for state and federal policymakers interested in supporting trauma-informed approaches to care.