We will be providing ACEs in Pediatric members with resources to help navigate the challenges of COVID-19. Please see these resources below, including registration for a webinar to help prevent burnout in health care providers. It was complied by the Illinois ACEs Response Collaborative.
Healthcare providers, human service workers, journalists, and the service industry are all facing enormous difficulties in the face of coronavirus. Workplace stressors that were already present are now being enhanced by increased workload, limited supplies and support, and uncertainty about the future. All of this can lead to increased burnout and trauma. The following offers insight into burnout and stress in the workplace, as well as ways to address it.
- IL ACEs Response Collaborative 2020 webinar series on burnout: This three-part webinar series focuses on the rising issue of burnout in healthcare providers. The series also highlights methods that can be utilized to prevent or mitigate burnout and its effects in a variety of settings.
- Doctors and nurses are already feeling the psychic shock of treating the coronavirus
- Emergency responders: Tips for taking care of yourself from the CDC
- Headspace* (currently free for healthcare workers)
- How journalists can fight stress from covering the coronavirus