2020 NORTHERN ADVERSE CHILDHOOD EXPERIENCES (ACEs) VIRTUAL SUMMIT
SEPTEMBER 17, 2020
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The Northern ACEs Collaborative is hosting a Virtual Northern ACEs Summit. We have many exciting speakers. Keynote speaker will be California’s Surgeon General, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris speaking on her ACEs Aware Initiative; Nationally known speaker, Rebecca Haas, Building a Trauma Informed Community, telling the story of the rural town of Johnson City, Tennessee; Panels on domestic violence and the linkage to COVID-19 and ACEs; Best practices from multi-sectors in the North State;
- Raise awareness of the disproportionate high rates of Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) scores in the North State of California
- Increase participant understanding of the effects of ACEs on individuals and communities leading to a more trauma informed region
- Provide a platform for relationship building through dialogue and information sharing
- Provide both short-term and long-term solutions to addressing ACEs and the linkages to the Social Determinants of Health through presentations and breakout sessions led by experts throughout the day
For more information on the summit, click on the event link HERE.
We are looking for multi-sector agencies to present best practices related to system and policy changes focusing on reducing ACEs in the North State. We are looking for presenters who will present with other agencies who may be doing similar work. Presenters do not need to be current partners to be on the panels. We expect to have 1 – 3 panels of 3 – 4 people on each during a single 90-minute breakout session. Each presenter will be allowed 15 minutes to present their portion of their presentation. Please email your presentation description by July 31. 2020 to Leslie.Valdivia@phi.org.
Descriptions should include the following:
- Subject Line – ACEs Summit Presentation – (Name)
- Name/Email of Person submitting
- Name/Email of Person presenting on the panel
- Organization of Person Presenting
- Title of Person Presenting
- Description of Presentation (300 words)
- Objectives of Presentation
Those chosen to present will be notified by August 17, 2020. We ask that each person prepare a PowerPoint or other means of online visual tools. We will schedule a pre-summit training webinar for each of the presenters one-week prior to the summit.
For questions, please contact Leslie Valdivia, Program Associate, at Leslie.Valdivia@phi.org.