Click here to learn more: Partnership Wellness and Recover Program Spring 2020
Partnership is working to ensure that our members get effective and appropriate behavioral health care services (mental health and substance use treatment services) in all 14 counties we serve.
Expansion of Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Services
PHC’s 14 counties have long supported SUD treatment services through the Drug Medi-Cal program. In the coming months, these services will be greatly expanded in eight of our 14 counties through our new Wellness and Recovery Program.
Wellness and Recovery Program
In the coming months, these SUD services will be greatly expanded in eight of our counties through our new Wellness and Recovery Program. The program is expectedto “go live” in Humboldt, Lassen, Mendocino, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Solano, and Trinity counties in late spring 2020.*
In these eight Wellness and Recovery counties, services will be available to all Medi-Cal recipients who meet the medical necessity criteria as determined by the American Society of Addiction Management (ASAM) scale.
The range of services include:
- Outpatient treatment (licensed professional or certified counselor, up to nine hours per week for adults)
- Intensive outpatient treatment for individuals with greater treatment needs (licensed professional or certified counselor, structured programming, nine-19 hours per week for adults
- Detoxification services (withdrawal management)
- Residential treatment (One ASAM level, DHCS licensed facility, certified staff)
- Medically assisted treatment (methadone, buprenorphine, disulfiram, naloxone)
- Case management
Recovery services (aftercare) *Expanded SUD services are available in Napa, Marin, and Yolo counties, and are administered by the counties. A more limited benefit is adminsitered by the remaining three counties — Del Norte, Lake, and Sonoma.