Join the Public Health Institute at the 2020 North State Adverse Childhood Experience (ACEs) VIRTUAL Summit!
About this Event
Join the Northern ACEs Collaborative (NAC), a division of the Population Health Innovation Lab (PHIL), a program of the Public Health Institute, for a memorable ONLINE and VIRTUAL experience at the first North State Adverse Childhood Experience (ACEs) VIRTUAL Summit on September 17th, 2020!
Many Northern California Counties are disproportionately affected by high Adverse Child Experience (ACE) scores relative to other regions in California. Domestic violence is an indicator in the ACE spectrum along with other Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) which play a critical role in healthy families.
The Population Health Innovation Lab (PHIL), a program of the Public Health Institute, supports Northern ACEs Collaborative (NAC) and act as the backbone, to support and enhance current activities in the six pilot target counties of: Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Shasta, Tehama and Trinity. The focus is on identifying and addressing opportunities for policy and systems change that mitigate issues of trauma and domestic violence.
VIRTUAL SUMMIT OBJECTIVES:
- Raise awareness of the disproportionate high rates of Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) scores in the North State of California
- Increase participant understanding of the effects of ACEs on individuals and communities leading to a more trauma informed region
- Provide a platform for relationship building through dialogue and information sharing
- Provide both short-term and long-term solutions to addressing ACEs and the linkages to the Social Determinants of Health
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone interested in how ACEs affect families and communities
Domestic Violence Workers
Education and Early Childhood Providers
Organizations working in systems changes
Social Services Providers
Others interested in ACEs & trauma
Due to the coronavirus, Eventbrite has made changes to their payout process impacting our payment options. We highly encourage you PAY BY CHECK for your event tickets as this helps ensure funding for the event needs. Invoices will be emailed to collect the payment.
If you cannot pay by check and need to pay by credit card, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Indigenous Land Acknowledgement
Dr. Mary Pittman, CEO, Public Health Institute
Sue Grinnell, MPH, Director of Population Health Innovation Lab
Dr. Marta Induni, Senior Director of Research, Public Health Institute
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, California Surgeon General
- Panelist Discussion - Linkages between ACEs and Domestic Violence, Speakers TBA
- Panelist Discussion - COVID and DV Panel - TBA
- Mindfulness Activity
- Panelist Discussion - Northern ACEs Collaborative - TBA
- Panelist Discussion- Health Plans and Providers - How they are addressing ACEs - TBA
- Closing speaker – Becky Haas, National Author and Speaker, “Building a Trauma Informed Community”
For questions or to become a sponsor for this highly visible event, please contact Lisa Tadlock, NAC Director at Lisa.Tadlock@phi.org .
For a scholarship opportunity to attend the event please visit our application link here.
Visit our website at www.northernaces.org for more information.