California Surgeon General, Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, will lead a multidisciplinary case-based panel on ACE screening and response in pediatrics.
- Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, California Surgeon General
- Dr. Lisa Gutierrez Wang, Director of Children’s Behavioral Health, Santa Cruz County
- Dr. Eva Ihle, Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, UCSF Weill Institute for Neurosciences
- Simone Ippoliti, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and Site Director, Bayview Child Health Center
Panelists will discuss the components of how to screen pediatric patients for Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and take a multidisciplinary approach to developing comprehensive treatment plans. With distinct clinical viewpoints and a case-based format, this webinar will cover:
- A walk-through of workflow, algorithm, and ACE-Associated Health Conditions.
- Best practices on administering screening and incorporating multidisciplinary care.
- What screening looks like in clinical practice, with three case studies.
This is the fifth in a series of monthly educational webinars that offer practical information for primary care and behavioral health providers on understanding toxic stress and providing trauma-informed care.
Please email questions or comments to info@ACEsAware.org.