In this web conference, speakers will talk about their communities’ experiences with COVID-19 and emerging strategies to understand community needs in this moment and respond to them. We will also offer ample time for participants to share what they’re learning and what actions they’re taking. Whether you are a public health practitioner, community health worker, educator, or advocate, we can meet this moment of major individual and collective upheaval with connection, care, and an unwavering commitment to justice. Together, we can support and advocate for children, youth, and families, and prevent violence in our homes.
- Describe the impacts of the current climate on safety at home.
- Identify actions communities are taking to support children, youth, and families to prevent violence and abuse at home (e.g., conducting rapid needs and assets assessments, connecting with different population groups, supporting safe and healthy relationship skill-building, and advocating with funders and policymakers).
- Engage in a candid discussion about roles practitioners can take on during this moment of crisis.
- Identify resources organizations have developed to support safety at home and promote equity.
- Aristea Saulsbury and Hillarie Beyer, McKinleyville Family Resource Center
- Jenny Coleman, Stop It Now!
- And others to be announced