Medi-Cal has just published new policy making family therapy a covered benefit for children and adults with mental health disorders and for children who are at risk for mental health disorders. This will be especially relevant for children with ACEs.
Under the guidance of the California Department of Health Care Services, the Medi-Cal fee-for-service program aims to provide health care services to about 13 million Medi-Cal beneficiaries. The Medi-Cal fee-for-service program adjudicates both Medi-Cal and associated health care program claims. This website provides important information for all Medi-Cal providers on how to access billing, transaction and support services.
Please find the bulletin article, full policy, and reimbursement rates as links and attachments below:
- Medi-Cal Bulletin Article: https://filessysdev.medi-cal.ca.gov/pubsdoco/bulletins/artfull/gm202006.aspx#a11
- Full Policy: https://filessysdev.medi-cal.ca.gov/pubsdoco/publications/masters-mtp/part2/psychol_a07.doc.
- Pages 4-6 of the Psychological Services section of the provider manual
- Reimbursement Rates: https://filessysdev.medi-cal.ca.gov/pubsdoco/publications/masters-mtp/part2/psycholcd_a07.doc
- Psychological Services: Billing Codes and Reimbursement Rates section of the provider manual