The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) is proud to announce the launch of:
Family Urgent Response System (FURS)
MARCH 1, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
FURS includes a 24/7 Statewide Hotline and a 24/7 County-based Mobile Response and Stabilization!! FURS will provide current and former foster youth (up to age 21) and their caregivers with immediate, trauma-informed support by caring and trained professionals when they need it.
FURS is intended to:
- Prevent placement disruptions and preserve the relationship between the child or youth and their caregiver
- Reduce the need for a 911 call or law enforcement involvement and the needless criminalization of traumatized youth
- Reduce hospitalization and placement into congregate care
- Promote healing as a family
- Provide a safe and judgement-free space for youth and caregivers
Please help us spread the word by sharing the attached flyers (youth and caregiver versions) with organizations, agencies, contacts, youth and families.
If you would like more information or have questions about FURS, please feel free to contact the FURS Implementation Team at FURS@dss.ca.gov or check out our website: https://cdss.ca.gov/
*Original flyers for adults and youth attached below.