Skip to main content

PACEsConnectionCommunitiesCalifornia Essentials for Childhood Initiative (CA)

California Essentials for Childhood Initiative (CA)

The California Essentials for Childhood Initiative uses a public health and collective impact approach to align and enhance collaborative efforts to promote safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments for children, youth and families through systems, policy and social norms change.

Join the IRS for EITC Awareness Day - January 29, 2021!

From the Internal Revenue Service (IRS):

β€œEITC Awareness Day is a joint venture between the IRS and its many partners and stakeholders. Intensive media coverage helps us reach the broadest possible range of eligible taxpayers, including the underserved populations and the newly eligible taxpayers. EITC can increase a federal tax refund from $1 to $6,660 for qualified taxpayers. IRS estimates four of five, or 80%, of eligible taxpayers claim and get this important credit. Help us ensure the remaining 20% receive the EITC they earned. EITC is a financial boost for working people and our local economy. New this tax season, under the Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2020, taxpayers may elect to use their 2019 earned income to figure the credit if their 2019 earned income is more than their 2020 earned income. The same is true for the Additional Child Tax Credit. For details, see the instructions for Form 1040.”

Additional Resources:

  • IRS website EITC & Other Refundable Credits for ready-to-use products such as local statistics, key messages, fact facts, newsletters and web articles, tips for running an EITC campaign
  • Partner Toolkit
  • EITC Assistant, available in English and Spanish, is an interactive tool on IRS.gov that allows users to verify that they qualify for the earned income tax credit by answering a series of questions and providing basic income information.
  • Taxpayers can find the nearest VITA/TCE site by using the Locator Tool at IRS.gov, using the IRS2Go app or calling the IRS at 800-906-9887.

Add Comment

Comments (0)

Copyright Β© 2021, PACEsConnection. All rights reserved.
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×