Community of Practice Webinar Series
Homicide Prevention – Part I
Using Data to Drive Violence Prevention Program Planning
Thursday, September 19, 2019
1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (PST)
Please join us for the next VPI Community of Practice webinar on Thursday, September 19, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. (PST) to learn more about available data sources on homicide rates and mechanism as well as a local level example of how data can be used to guide violence prevention program planning and development.
The webinar will include:
- Overview of homicide-related data within the CDPH Data Brief 1: Overview of Homicide and Suicide Deaths in California
- Julie Cross-Riedel, PhD, MPH with the Injury and Violence Prevention Branch at CDPH (formally known as the Safe and Active Communities Branch)
- Results of the 2018 CA Safety and Wellbeing Survey on Firearm Ownership in CA
- Nicole Kravitz-Wirtz, PhD, MPH with the Violence Prevention Research Program at UC Davis
- Local Health Department Spotlight – Los Angeles County
- Isabelle Sternfeld, MSPH and Andrea Welsing, MPH with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
We encourage you to share the information about this webinar broadly. Thank you! Please register here: https://cdph-conf.webex.com/cd...c44571c6e40408927675
Homicide Prevention – Part II
Primary Prevention Efforts to Decrease Homicide Rates in CA Communities
Thursday, October 17, 2019, 1:00p.m. – 2:00p.m.
Webinar Registration Information - Coming Soon!