There are many ways to take action to become trauma responsive and build resiliency. Here are few examples to point you in the right direction:
- Attend the Raising Resilience Summit on January 9th, 2018
- Join the Consortium on Trauma, Illness, and Grief In Schools (TIG)
- Learn more about Mental Health First Aid
- Visit TraumaSenstiveSchools.org
Trauma Informed Care training offers the entire staff an opportunity to look deeply into an organization's culture in order to build a resilient staff and community. Some local resources include:
- Coordinated Care Services Inc.
- The Institute on Trauma and Trauma Informed Care at University of Buffalo
- Mt. Hope Family Center
Consider conducting an organizational self assessment – it includes a process and tools to addressing organizational practices, policies, and culture of the entire organization.