What's Trending in Child Welfare?
Evidence-Based & Trauma-Informed
- New CEBC resource, The State of the Evidence for Intervention & Prevention Programs for Child Welfare Involved Populations.
- 3 great resources by Echo on the physical impact of trauma, how to support someone who has experienced trauma, and how to empower survivors.
- A great read on models of trauma-informed organizational change.
- What makes an effective leader? Get the top 10 leadership competencies.
- This article on feedback mistakes is a terrific example of getting on the balcony (not sure what that means?!? check out this 3 minute microlearning).
- For some the idea of empathy as a significant meta-skill or soft-skill is an adaptive challenge. This article underscores the importance of getting on the balcony & doing the internal reflective work.
- Check out this story about child welfare that ran this month on CBS.
- The Lulla Doll Is Making A Difference For Foster Children.
Taking Care of Yourself
- Our work is very hard so it's important to pay attention to where you are on the mental health continuum at any given time. Here are 4 ways to help you determine when you are leaning more toward stability or mental health struggles.
- We all use unhelpful coping strategies sometimes, but as with any skill we can learn new, helpful coping strategies.
- Time to check yourself for burnout.
Plus a lot more!