Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Credit Available*
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Noon - 1 p.m.
Join us for our next ACEs Aware webinar to discuss the physiology of toxic stress and how to apply the science of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and toxic stress in pediatric care. Please note that the webinar title has been updated. If you previously registered for the April 14th ACEs Aware webinar on toxic stress physiology, no additional action is needed.
This webinar will:
- Provide a brief refresher on the physiology of toxic stress and the biological changes that may be a pathway to clinical progression of chronic illness related to exposure to ACEs and toxic stress.
- Discuss the physiology of toxic stress from the perspective of medical providers, who directly address and treat ACE-Associated Health Conditions, such as asthma, in children.
- Through real-world examples, equip providers to use ACE screening and evidence-based interventions as part of their clinical practice to better care for their patients.
- Rachel Gilgoff, MD – ACEs Aware Clinical Advisor, Child Abuse Pediatrician, Fellow – Pediatric Integrative Medicine, Stanford University Medicine
- Neeta Thakur, MD, MPH – Assistant Professor, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
- R.J. Gillespie, MD, MHPE – The Children’s Clinic, Portland