In the aftermath of recent hurricanes and wildfires, the Sesame Street in Communities team wanted to reach out to provide information on our available resources to help families cope in the aftermath of natural disasters, and other traumatic experiences. Bilingual videos, articles, printables and more, are all available for free on our website at www.sesamestreetincommunities.org. Here are the links to a few topic pages that may be most useful to you as you work with families in the aftermath of natural disasters:
Handling Emergencies Topic Page
- English: https://sesamestreetincommunit...rgency-preparedness/
- Spanish: https://sesamestreetincommunit...se-para-emergencias/
Traumatic Experiences Topic Page
- English: https://sesamestreetincommunit...aumatic-experiences/
- Spanish: https://sesamestreetincommunit...org/topics/eltrauma/
Offering Comfort Topic Page
- English: https://sesamestreetincommunities.org/topics/comfort/
- Spanish: https://sesamestreetincommunities.org/topics/carino/
Sesame Street in Communities also offers several print resources to partner organizations. These resources are available free of charge to those working with kids and families.
- Here for Each Other: Helping Families After Emergencies Family Guide
- Here for Each Other is a bilingual resource (English/Spanish) that provides tips, ideas, and activities to help adults and children cope with disasters. Even in the most difficult circumstances, families can find strength and resilience within their communities. Available in quantities of 75 or 100.
- Comfy-Cozy Nest storybooks
- Traumatic Experiences are a big deal…but Big Bird’s got a big spirit, a big heart, and big dreams. That’s why he’s the perfect bird to teach kids (and grown-ups too!) how to imagine the important coping strategy of creating their own safe place inside. Use this storybook to help kids learn the strategy themselves. Available in quantities of 50. (Available in English & Spanish, if applicable please indicate the amount you would like in each language)
To order these resources, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information below. You will receive an email confirmation after your order is placed and the books will ship via USPS Media Mail and take about 1-2 weeks to arrive.
- Shipping Point of Contact NAME
- Shipping Point of Contact TITLE
- Shipping Point of Contact Phone Number
- Shipping Point of Contact Email Address
- Shipping Address Label Company/Facility Name
- Shipping Address Label ATTN:
- Shipping Address Label Address Line 1
- Shipping Address Label Address Line 2
- Shipping Address Label City
- Shipping Address Label State
- Shipping Address Label Zipcode
- Number of Here for Each Other Family Guides
- Number of Comfy-Cozy Nest Storybooks
Contact email@example.com with the above information and with any questions. Thank you for the important work you are doing to help children and families cope after emergencies.
Other ways to stay in touch:
- Join our Providers group on Facebook. Request access here.
- Follow us @Sesame Street in Communities on Facebook and @SesameCommunity on Twitter.
- Register for an account on Sesame Street in Communities to receive our monthly newsletter.