Our new free, completely online/virtual training course, titled "Understanding Trauma, Resilience and Trauma Informed Care", provides a foundational understanding of trauma, Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), resilience, vicarious trauma, self-care, and trauma-informed care for anyone in the community who interacts with individuals and families who may have experienced trauma, including law enforcement and criminal justice professionals, first responders, healthcare and behavioral health providers, human services professionals, educators, employers, government agencies, faith community leaders, and others.
The self-paced, online course is broken out into 4 modules of 1 hour each, with interactive activities in each module and a knowledge quiz at the end of each module. No advance registration is required and anyone can access these trainings at any time, from wherever they may be located.
HOW TO ACCESS THE ONLINE TRAINING MODULES:
MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS who wish to obtain CME credits for this training must use the following links to access the training modules, as well as the Participant Worksheets, knowledge quizzes and evaluations for each module:
NON-MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS from any organization can access the course modules at the MediaSite link below. We recommend accessing the modules on MediaSite using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, rather than Safari. Here's the link to the online training modules:
NOTE: Be sure to download and print the Participant Worksheet before starting the online training modules through this link:
(you can also find a link to the Participant Worksheet on the MediaSite page where you access the course modules, once you click on any module, under the LINKS tab or the LINKS heading.)
If you have any trouble accessing the online training modules on MediaSite, you can find full details on requirements for using Mediasite at https://support.sonicfoundry.c...ge/Article/000003279
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT INFORMATION:
This training is currently approved for continuing education credits as follows:
* SOCIAL WORKERS, LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELORS, MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPISTS: 4 hrs CEU's available thru NASW-PA for those who complete all 4 modules and pass the knowledge quizzes for each module with a score of 70% or better.
NASW-PA Chapter is a co-sponsor of this workshop. 4 CEs will be awarded for completion of this course. NASW has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing education for social workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapist (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors.
Note: Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists, & Professional Counselors who wish to obtain continuing education certificates for this course will be required to:
1) Complete all 4 modules of the online training and pass the knowledge quiz for each module with a score of 70% or better.
2) Request and obtain a Certificate of Completion from Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health showing the dates of completion for each module (this is done as part of the Knowledge Quiz for each module)
3) Complete the online NASW-PA training evaluation and make payment for your CEU's at this link:
4) Email your final Certificate of Completion from Penn Medicine LGH showing you have completed all 4 modules to:
Alicia Newkam at <email@example.com>
* LAW ENFORCEMENT: 4 hrs of CLEE credits thru MPOETC (Municipal Police Officers Education & Training Council) for MPOETC certified officers who hold an Act 120 Certification and who complete all 4 modules and pass the knowledge quizzes for each module with a score of 70% or better.
To obtain the 4 hours of approved credit for this course from MPOETC, please complete the following steps:
1) Request and obtain a Certificate of Completion from Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health showing the dates of completion for each module (this is done as part of the Knowledge Quiz for each module)
2) Your police chief or their designee will need to enter this MPOETC-approved CLEE course into your officer training records within the MPOETC web-based Training And Certification System (TACS). Data entry into TACS is how officers will be credited for their participation.
When entering this information into the MPOETC system for this course, use the following information:
CLEE ID#: CLE01469
Course Title: Understanding Trauma, Resilience and Trauma-Informed Care
Training Provider: Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health
3) NOTE: You may be required to submit a copy of your Certificate of Completion from Penn Medicine LGH showing that you have completed all 4 modules of this training.
* PHYSICIANS, ADVANCED PRACTICE PROVIDERS (APPs) and NURSES:
Each 1-hour module of the course is also currently approved for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits for Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers (APPs), and Nurses.
Please note: There are separate links for medical professionals wishing to obtain CME credits to access the training modules.
MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS who wish to obtain CME credits for this training must use the following links to access the training modules:
Accreditation Statements for CME:
The Lancaster General Hospital is accredited by the Pennsylvania Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Penn Medicine Nursing is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Pennsylvania State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Centers Commission on Accreditation. Approval # 1243H15.
Credit Designation for CME:
The Lancaster General Hospital designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This course is approved for 1 contact hours.
Conflict of Interest Statement for CME:
Faculty and all others who have the ability to control content of continuing medical education activities sponsored by Lancaster General Hospital are expected to disclose to the audience whether they do or do not have any real or apparent conflicts of interest or other relationships related to the content of their presentations.
Commercial Support for CME:
This activity is not commercially supported.