Resilience Coffee Notes:
Attendance: Shen Chefalo,Steve Wade, Carol Greilick, Abby Jordan, Lance Morgan, Cathy Anthofer-Fialon
- Shen "pitched" ACEs through the lens of her new book, Garbage Suitcase, Monday, February 29 at the TC TedX pitch night event. She says the Milliken auditorium was packed and many speakers, at the heart of their speech, were really talking about the impact of ACE. She will know if she selected in a few weeks.
- Lance Morgan and Amelia Siders are presenting at the Michigan Coalition of Child Advocacy Centers at the Resort April 18-19.
- Steve Wade discussed the roll out event for Team Zero April event, either April 27 or 28, which will be a launch type party for Team Zero concepts
- Carol discussed the work to create an ACE Summit for spring 2017
- Steve Wade asked how "we" can enhance priorities each has instead of driving a new outcome in regards to ACE and Resilience and he referenced the Collective Impact Model.
- The question was then raised who would be the "convener" of such an initiative
- Steve suggested finding someone(s) to underwrite the cost of an 18 month position to build this initiative using the Collective Impact Model to build a common language, create shared measures, identify key partners and regularly convene these key partners
- It was agreed if we are to engage people in the community to fund a backbone organization and convener we need to have a "case statement" which allows people to see how ACEs impact them, and two versions are presented above.
Pretty amazing for our first, ever Resilience Coffee! Please let me know if my notes have missed anything or not represented something accurately. After edits are made to these notes/minutes I will send them out to a greater circle of people who RSVP'd, but were unable to attend today.