Philadelphia University’s Community and Trauma Counseling program offers a 4-course certificate for master’s-level professionals.
The Certificate of Advanced Studies in Trauma Counseling provides an advanced understanding of trauma theory, principles, tools and strategies that support trauma-informed practice with adults and children.
A new cohort will begin Late August with enrollment in the first course in the program: Foundations of Trauma Counseling. Please find a complete list of required and elective course descriptions and a Philadelphia University application for this certificate program on our website (link below).
Graduates from the Certificate of Advanced Studies in Trauma Counseling program will:
- Understand the impact of trauma on development and neurobiology.
- Demonstrate competency in the knowledge and skills of the professional practice of counseling.
- Communicate with, respect, and competently counsel culturally diverse populations.
- Practice ethically based counseling according to the highest standards of the profession.
- Demonstrate and integrate the unique dynamics of trauma, traumatic stress, and trauma-related disorders into counseling practice and treatment.
- Understand and differentiate the counselor’s role in the therapeutic treatment of trauma-related disorders.
Courses Required: Foundations of Trauma Counseling, Neurobiology of Trauma, Advanced Clinical Intervention in Trauma Treatment; and one of the following: Childhood Trauma and Effects, and Disaster and Trauma
Program Duration: 4 semesters
Cost: $500 per course or $2000 for the Certificate of Advanced Studies, and 12 CEUs/120 clock hours of advanced instruction.
Class Meetings: Classes will meet for four hours two weekend per month throughout the semester, totaling 32 hours. Classes will take place on Philadelphia University’s campus. Exact times, dates and locations will be provided upon inquiry.
Please visit http://www.philau.edu/MSTrauma...g/degreeOptions.html for additional program and application information, or contact Jeanne Felter at email@example.com.