The School District of Philadelphia deserves huge congratulations for creating a new position as part of its plan to be a trauma informed education system! They are seeking an excellent candidate to serve in this critically important and cutting edge role. Following is the job description
Develops, coordinates and implements trauma-informed practices in the schools. Works with administrative, instructional and non-instructional staff, to put into place evidence-based trauma-informed systems to reduce re-traumatization, promote student resilience and increase positive academic and non-academic outcomes for students. Establishes a comprehensive trauma-informed approach to address both preventative and responsive measures for students. Ensures that existing school and community resources are utilized to work with students identified as being exposed to trauma. Provides training and technical consultation to school staff and leadership on evidence-based practices and strategies.
Develops, coordinates and implements trauma-informed practices within the School District of Philadelphia.
- Provides leadership for the development and promotion of trauma-awareness to promote trauma-informed and strength-based approaches in schools.
- Serves as liaison to schools, central offices, agencies, advocates, parents and students facilitating trauma-informed practices.
- Serves as liaison between the School District of Philadelphia and local, state and federal government agencies regarding trauma transformational initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with the school instructional and non-instructional staff to implement a comprehensive trauma-informed approach to address both preventative and responsive measures for students.
- Works with administrative district and school leadership staff to ensure that policies and procedures reflect an understanding of the role of trauma in student behaviors.
- Assesses staff training needs and provides training on trauma-awareness and evidence-based approaches.
- Provides liaison and technical consultation to schools to develop and implement trauma-informed behavioral health assessments and interventions for students.
- Provides technical consultation for school staff for specific strategies to use to support the learning needs of students who have experienced trauma.
- Attends training sessions in evidence-based trauma-informed practices.
- Keeps superiors apprised of activities and developments.
- Performs other activities, as assigned.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in psychology or a related field.
- Three or more years of full-time, paid, professional experience organizing or implementing trauma-informed and evidence-based prevention and intervention services.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience determined to be acceptable by the Office of Talent.
- All work experience related to the position must be included on the resume.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- evidence-based trauma informed practices.
- the techniques of assessing training needs and delivery.
- current social, educational and economic issues as they relate to urban families.
- behavioral and mental health services for children.
- the methods and techniques for effective program administration.
- research and data analysis methods and techniques.
Demonstrated ability to:
- plan, coordinate and implement school-wide training initiative and trauma informed practices.
- interpret and explain policies and apply them to individual circumstances and situations in an inappropriate manner.
- organize and maintain accurate records of program activities.
- evaluate programmatic activities to ensure that identified objectives are being met in accordance with governmental mandates and system-wide goals.
- develop and implement tactical action plans.
- operate a personal computer.
- maintain records and logs and prepare reports.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To apply you must create an account or login HERE to the SDP employment site