Multiplying Connections and the Southeast Regional Key will be offering a foundational course on trauma informed practice specifically designed for early childhood educators. Providers who work with young children will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about how trauma can impact the brain and behavioral development of young children
- Understand how important early experiences are for lifelong health, development, and wellness.
- Explore how implementing the CAPPD (Calm, Attuned, Present, Predictable, Do Not Escalate) trauma-informed framework into classroom practice can create a more compassionate classroom culture.
- Change classroom space, activities, and practices to be more trauma-sensitive.
- Build relationships with other early child-hood professionals to support your growing trauma awareness.
Course offerings begin on 8/21/14. Please see the attached flyer for details and registration information. PQAS Credits available.