The Queen of the Valley and the Perinatal Substance Abuse Committee bring you the special opportunity to participate in a full-day conference with Dr. Ira J. Chasnoff. Join in a full-day conference about how substance use during pregnancy can affect both the mother and child.
Upon completing this program, the participants will be able to:
- Count participation for CEUs or CMEs, if applicable
- Discuss the epidemiology of substance use in pregnancy
- Describe the psychosocial issues and treatment implications for pregnant women using substances
- Describe the maternal consequences of prenatal substance use, impact on pregnancy outcomes, and recommended intervention strategies
- Increase understanding and knowledge of the impact of prenatal substance use on neonate development
- Describe Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), history, long-term growth patterns, CNS effects, and issues of diagnosis and misdiagnosis
- Discuss long-term impact of prenatal alcohol and drug exposure on the growing child
Two Ticket Types:
Full-Day Conference - Please join us on Monday, September 11th, 2017 at the Elks Lodge, 2840 Soscol Ave., Napa, CA 94558 for the Full Day Conference from 9:00AM - 5:00PM, lunch will be provided. Registration starts at 8:30AM.
For Medical Providers - Please join Dr. Ira J. Chasnoff for a luncheon on Monday, September 11th, 2017 at the Shafer Room, OLE Health, 1141 Pear Tree Lane, Napa, CA 94558 from 12PM - 1PM, lunch will be provided.