Yoga is a great activity for children and adults and is easy to do just about anywhere!
Children need to have multiple healthy ways to express their feelings and have opportunities for mind and body awareness.
Yoga is beneficial because it is...
- Gender neutral
- Enhances motor skills and balance
- Improves listening skills in a fun approach
- Children can focus on what is happening in the moment
- A healthy way to express feelings
- Supports social and emotional learning and development
If you are not a yoga person, here are a list of activities that are great stress relievers...
- Art’s & Crafts
- Go for a walk, hike, or bike ride
- Sing, dance, listen to music
- Try meditation
- Visit a local park or garden
- Play a game
- Swing in a hammock, or rock in a rocking chair
- Get a massage or use foam rollers
- Do a puzzle
- Write in a journal
- Play an instrument
- Create a ‘safe spot’ or soft area that is private
- Play with an animal
When our mind and body become present in the moment, we start to become our own medicine. You can try any of these activities alone or with others and most of all, they are inexpensive and simple.