Resources for individuals, organizations, and communities moving along trauma and hope-informed pathways in order to:
- Prevent and mitigate adverse childhood experiences (ACEs).
- Promote resilience and safe, stable, nurturing relationships and environments.
- Promote equity and racial justice.
- Prevent substance abuse and promote mental health.
… so that all children, youth, families and communities have equal opportunity for educational success, economic stability, health, and well-being.
Self-Care Starter Kit, School of Social Work, University of Buffalo
Relaxation Tool Kit, Navy and Marine Corps Public Health Center
The Road to Resilience - American Psychological Association
SAMHSA’s Concept of Trauma and Guidance for a Trauma-Informed Approach. July 2014 - https://store.samhsa.gov/system/files/sma14-4884.pdf
ACEs and Autism
Adverse Childhood Experiences are Associated with Unmet Healthcare Needs among Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Kristen L Berg, et al, The Journal of Pediatrics, September 14, 2018
Trauma, Autism Spectrum and Developmental Disabilities
Trauma and Autism Spectrum Disorder: A Reference Guide. Rachel K Earl, et al. Bernier Lab, University of Washington, June 2017https://depts.washington.edu/h...rence-Guide-2017.pdf
Trauma and Developmental Disabilities. Traumatic Stress Institute
Trauma Informed Approaches and Developmental Disabilities
ACEs and Developmental Disabilities – ACE Response, a partnership between Prevent Child Abuse America and University of New York at Albany School of Social Welfare -http://www.aceresponse.org/giv...ort/IDD_39_68_sb.htm
- Includes several resources, including:
- ACEs and Developmental Disabilities - PowerPoint slides
- Facts on Traumatic Stress and Children with Developmental Disabilities – Fact sheets
- The Road to Recovery – A training toolkit
- Disability Justice – Additional information
- A Trauma-Informed Toolkit for Providers in the Field of Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities
Trauma-Informed Care for Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, Hogg Foundation for Mental Health
Responding to Trauma: An Interview with Dr. Karyn Harvey, August 2014
Hogg Foundation for Mental Health