- In these trying times you can make a difference -
We hope you and your families are healthy and safe. We know that each day brings a new challenge for the community. Empower Yolo's services are considered essential and we remain open during regular office hours to provide services for the community.
Empower Yolo's clients have urgent needs, and we need your support now more than ever. Please see how the coronavirus pandemic is affecting Empower Yolo and the clients that we serve:
1) Sheltering survivors of abuse -
- Our emergency shelter is full and to keep current clients and their families healthy we need to place new clients in hotels.
- Survivors residing in our shelters with their families have less accessibility to go out to shop for food, supplies, and other important needs that have come up during this emergency.
2) Programs and Services-
- The restraining order clinic is being utilized at an all time high because home is not safe when you're with an abusive partner.
- Client navigators are meeting with clients and connecting them with life-saving resources and services.
- Our therapists are continuing to meet with clients via video and teleconferencing.
- Our housing department is working to find clients safe housing.
- We are supplying the homeless with emergency clothing packs, and are continuing food distribution at our resource centers.
3) Emergency needs - our offices and resource centers are open with reduced staff serving community members at a high rate.
- Clients who are unable to work are struggling to cover the cost of basic needs such as rent, utilities, and prescriptions.
- Every day new clients and the homeless show up on our doorstep afraid and in need of help requesting assistance from food, clothing and medicine to diapers, wipes, hygiene items and so much more.
- We need to ensure that our daily operations continue, especially now as the needs of victims of abuse, families in need, and the homeless that we serve are increasing on a daily basis.
Your support now and in the next few weeks will ensure that Empower Yolo can continue to operate, and support the most vulnerable members of our community throughout this pandemic.
Even in this trying time you have the opportunity to make a difference. Donate any time at: empoweryolo.org.