Placer County Office of Education (COE) and Sacramento COE are hosting a Foster & Homeless Legislative Training on October 21, 2019 in Sacramento. Spaces are still available and the registration link is included in the attached flyer.
Focus of Training:
Learn about state and federal laws intended to improve educational opportunities, school stability, and academic/social outcomes for foster and homeless youth, from legal experts at the National
Center for Youth Law.
• School District Foster/Homeless Youth Liaisons
• School Counselors, Social Workers, and Other Support Staff
• Special Education Staff
• Professionals in Child Welfare and Probation
• Advocates and Community-Based Providers for Foster and Homeless Youth
• Resource Parents and Caregivers
The training is FREE.