Please share the Yolo web page for the Flu Season 2020-21 with clients. It has information about the flu as well as a calendar of flu vaccine sites that are open to the public and all ages throughout Yolo.
- California Parent and Youth Helpline and Online Support Groups
Parents Anonymous® Inc. is offering California Parent & Youth Helpline and Online Parent Support Groups to address increased stressors and concerns faced by parents and youth during the current pandemic. Parents and youth can call, text and chat 855-4APARENT (1-855-427-2736) for emotional support and referrals in English, Spanish, and other languages, every day from 8am to 8pm. Sign up for the Online Groups at www.caparentyouthhelpline.org
- Parent Resources Related to COVID-19: These evidence-informedresources were developed in collaboration by Parenting for Lifelong Health, WHO, UNICEF, UNODC, Global Partnership to End Violence, CDC, and World Without Orphans to help parents keep themselves and their children safe, happy, and healthy during this stressful period. These resources are freely available on their website and include tip sheets for parents that have been translated into over 100 languages.
- 15 Tip sheets (translated into over 100 languages!) can be printed and given to parents or shared through social media channels.
- Social media kit linked to the tip sheets can be shared on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- Public Service Announcements that can be adapted for radio or broadcast media.
- Tools for community workers to identify at-risk families and provide remote parenting support.
- Audio-pack is a set of scripts of evidence-based messages and activities for parents and caregivers.
- Comic strips that illustrate the messages of the tip sheets and can be used to help spark dialogue with families.
- "Let's Slow Down" song and accompanying animated video, based on the main messages of our tip sheets.