Meeting the Moment: Empowering Advocates to Support Youth Mental Health
We will discuss the Medi-Cal mental health entitlement and present recommendations for how California can fulfill its obligations to youth.
Authors of the recently released report, “Meeting the Moment: Addressing California’s Growing Youth Mental Health Needs”, will discuss the Medi-Cal mental health entitlement and present specific recommendations for how California can better fulfill its obligation to our children and youth. They will be joined by experts including youth with experience and insights relating to California’s mental health system. The interactive session will:
- Provide an overview of the Medi-Cal Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) mandate
- Present recommendations for how California can fulfill its mandate—including timely connections to CalAIM and the Medi-Cal managed care plan re-procurement process (the first in 17 years)
- Share lived experience as youth talk about challenges in accessing California’s mental health system and what they are doing to improve it
- Engage participants through discussion and Q&A
- Invite action with specific next steps