Looking for tools to help your organization or community to get started integrating a trauma-informed and resilience-building approach? At Origins, we offer training courses to support you from your aha moment to your action plan. It all starts with The Basics, a 90-minute online training that will provide you with an overview of the key concepts behind a trauma-informed approach. When you’re ready to move from aha to action, sign up for The Resilience Champion Certificate, a self-paced 6-week online training designed to support individuals and teams who want to apply the concepts from The Basics and lead their organizations or communities on the path to resilience. Origins’ unique online consultation style will offer you the support you need to see measurable shifts in your setting.
It all starts with The Basics, a 90-minute online training that will provide you with an overview of the key concepts behind a trauma-informed approach, including the following:
- The Adverse Childhood Experiences Framework: In this section, you will explore the link between toxic stress and health outcomes and behavior. As you review the findings of the original ACE study and related research, you will gain skills in the application of the study’s framework.
- Social and Historical Trauma: In this section, you will identify the key principles of social, historical, and systemic adversity. You will also be introduced to the role of epigenetics and how individuals, groups, and societies can be affected by adverse community experiences across generations.
- The Body and Brain: In this section, you will examine how the body and brain are affected by stress. By defining the different types of stress and understanding how it can become toxic, you will learn how to identify symptoms of stress and how that understanding can serve as a foundation for building resilience.
- Resilience: In this section, you will define resilience, learn how protective factors can help heal the impact of trauma, and explore how resilience can be built and sustained in individuals, organizations, and communities.
In this course, you will be introduced to the foundational concepts and develop a shared language that can be used across a variety of sectors, including healthcare, education, law enforcement, social services, child welfare, criminal justice, and many more.
***Completion of this course sets the foundation for The Resilience Champion Certificate. You will receive $50 off the Resilience Champion Certificate upon completion of The Basics!***
To learn more, go to https://origins-training-consu...i.com/store/eFiLFEuT
New cohorts begin the 2nd Monday of each month!
The Resilience Champion Certificate is a self-paced 6-week online training designed for individuals or teams who want to apply the concepts from The Basics to their own setting and lead their organizations or communities on the path to resilience. (The Basics is a prerequisite to this course and will be included if you have not already completed it. You will receive a $50 credit if you have completed this course.) We created The Resilience Champion Certificate because, as trainers, the most frequent question we hear is something along the lines of “Ok, I get ACEs. But what can I do about it?” This program is designed to help people GET STARTED and move from Aha! To Action. By the end of this course, you will walk away with concrete next steps to begin the process of integrating a trauma-informed and resilience-building approach into your setting.
In this training, you will choose a setting where you would like to integrate a trauma-informed approach. Our coaches then support you through a process to build a solid foundation for the integration of this approach and create an action plan for use in your setting. Using cross-sector examples of Resilience Champions throughout the course, concrete examples of interventions that have worked will be presented. This program is rooted in the human-centered design philosophy that “the people who face the problems every day are the ones who hold the key to their answer” and integrates concepts and tools from a range of disciplines in leadership development, strategic planning, and implementation practices to support you on your journey of moving from aha to action.
This course builds on the concepts of The Basics. Each week you will focus on a different topic. These topics are designed to build on one another as you walk through a process to integrate a trauma-informed and resilience-building approach into your setting.
The topics include:
- Section 1: What is a Resilience Champion?
In this section, you will explore what it means to be a Resilience Champion and the role of leadership and teamwork in promoting sustainable change. As part of this, you will define your setting and your team for this course.
- Section 2: Exploring Your Why
In this section, we will invite you to take a step back and explore “why you do what you do” and your overall vision for integrating this approach into your setting.
- Section 3: Developing Your Culture:
In this section, you will explore the role of culture in sustaining a trauma-informed approach. As part of this, you will define the values that will help promote a resilience-building culture in your setting.
- Section 4: Assessing Your Setting:
In this section, you will use a systematic approach to assess your setting. As part of this, you will examine different domains of your setting, such as leadership capacity, policies and procedures, and physical environment.
- Section 5: Defining Your Goals:
In this section, you will build off the findings of your assessment to define concrete goals for integrating this approach into your setting. As part of this, you will use a strengths-based approach to identify resources that can support you in your process.
- Section 6: Focusing on an Action Plan:
In this section, you will focus on translating your goals into a concrete action plan. To support this goal, you will walk through a process designed to brainstorm and execute potential solutions.
To learn more, go to https://origins-training-consu...i.com/store/2u4oE8p7