Please save the NEW date for our May YFSN meeting: May 29. Meeting time 9:30-11:00am at Yolo County HHSA; Community Room-Gonzales Building; 25 N. Cottonwood St.; Woodland
The Yolo Family Strengthening Network (YFSN) is a group of Yolo County family-serving organizations and agencies dedicated to strengthening families and reducing child abuse and neglect.
The YFSN supports family-serving organizations in their efforts to strengthen families and prevent child abuse and neglect by:
- Fostering partnerships by providing a forum for organizations and agencies to share information relevant to youth;
- Aligning organizations to support child abuse prevention and Strengthening Families protective factors by information sharing and presentations;
- Offering an opportunity to leverage existing strategies and activities;
- Supporting YFSN organizations interested in providing World Cafés for parents to build protective factors and empower parents by organizing trainings, developing materials, and providing other support as appropriate; and
- Improving information on resources for providers and parents in Yolo County.
STRUCTURE, MEMBERSHIP, AND MEETINGS
The YFSN is a program of Yolo County Children’s Alliance (YCCA).The YFSN meets every other month and welcomes people from all organizations who work directly or indirectly with children and families.
STRENGTHENING FAMILIES™ FRAMEWORK
The work of the YFSN is guided by the Strengthening Families™ Framework, which is a research-informed approach to increasing family strengths, enhancing child development, and reducing the likelihood of child abuse and neglect. Created by the Center for the Study of Social Policy in 2003, it focuses on building 5 Protective Factors in families:
- Parental Resilience
- Social Connections
- Knowledge of Parenting and Child Development
- Concrete Support in Times of Need
- Social and Emotional Competence of Children