The purpose of the training is for professionals who have contact with children in their professions to be informed about what mandated reporting means, what their duties are as a mandated reporter, and how to identify potential signs of abuse and neglect.
Professionals should take the training to:
- Understand their role as a mandated reporter.
- Understand how this affects their daily activities within their professional environment and duties.
- Understand the Mandated Reporter law.
- Anyone can take the training and report child abuse and neglect, even if your professional position does not designate you as a mandated reporter. A Volunteer Course specifically for individuals who work with children and youth but are not mandated reporters will be available this year.
- The General Training is now available in Spanish. Other modules will be translated this year.