2019 brings in a new governor to California with new ideas, resources, and funding. The Capital Learning Community will discuss the state funding opportunities and align them with local priorities at the first meeting in the new year. We will also provide training and evaluation of the Community Resilience Toolkit that was launched late last year. Our convening schedule, including our Kick-off session in March, is:
- Thursday, March 7, 2019 (see below for more information)
Understanding and Connecting Community Priorities with State Priorities
TIME: 12pm – 3:30pm, Check-in at 11:30am
Participate in-person at Sierra 2 Center, Garden Room in Sacramento or online
*Registration is open: https://strategiesca.asentialm...e=ilt&sc=VLC3719
- Thursday, May 9, 2019: Advocating and Funding Your Priorities (Save the Date!)
- Thursday, June 27, 2019: Fundability and Program Utilization (Save the Date!)
Thursday, March 7, 2019: Understanding and Connecting Community Priorities with State Priorities
Building upon the last Learning Community, the March session will review how participants utilized Tool 1 of the Building Community Resilience Toolkit and provide training on Tool 2, “Understanding Community Priorities”. The session will end with an interactive discussion from Monique Ramos, Senior Associate of California Strategies, on the upcoming opportunities in the new year and new administration.
Targeted outcomes for the day include:
- Review and understand Tool 1, “Organizational Perceptions of the Community Environment”.
- Learn and Practice Tool 2, “Understanding Community Priorities”.
- Learn about and discuss the changing landscape at the state level and how it will impact community priorities.
Please contact Capital Learning Community Facilitator, Lindsey Nitta, to receive more information about how you can become more involved with the Learning Community: 916-862-1781 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To register for the March 7 Learning Community: https://strategiesca.asentialm...e=ilt&sc=VLC3719