The State of California’s Babies on 8/25
10am on August 25
Join ZERO TO THREE, Early Childhood Orange County, and the First 5 Center for Children’s Policy on August 25 at 10 am PT for a discussion on the state of babies in California. Register to learn from national and California state and local leaders about how you can use state data to make the case for babies and inform policy and systems change efforts.
11am-12 on August 26
Reaching families with actionable information to support their children has never been more challenging. The Ready4K text message based family engagement program was designed to help healthy child development wherever your families are. Join us on August 26 when Rebecca Honig, Ready4K director of curriculum and content, shares how the highly accessible text-based program helps families build positive parenting muscles from day 1. During this 1-hour talk, Rebecca will share:
- The research behind text messaging as an equitable and effective technology
- A new family-centered approach for supporting development screening interventions
- How public health professionals can use the Ready4K program to buffer the impact of trauma and ACEs
- Lessons learned from working with diverse communities
This webinar from California ACEs Academy (CAA) is intended for physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, psychologists and social workers engaged in the care of patients who have experienced violence or trauma. This webinar will help participants:
- Identify and inquire about patients’ prior traumatic experiences
- Identify strategies for using a trauma-informed approach to care and integrate this knowledge into patient care
- Assess and follow-up patient’s progress on increasing their resilience
Please see the attached flyer for more information.
9am-12PT on Tuesday, September 15
Mark your calendar for the virtual National Prenatal-to-3 Research Policy Summit. Early childhood policy leaders, advocates, and other stakeholders will hear from state leaders about building a state policy roadmap, discuss policy choices for reducing racial disparities, and more.