WIOA is a federal employment program through the Economic Development Department (EDD) and YCCA is contracted by Yolo County HHSA to provide this program. YCCA is currently looking for qualified applicants in West Sacramento, Davis, or Clarksburg! We are happy to meet with anyone that may be interested as well as presenting to providers that may be working with individuals with the qualifying barriers. Attached is the WIOA flyer. Please contact Eric Blair at Eric.Blair@yolocounty.org or 530-902-6027 with questions.
Currently to qualify for the program applicants must be:
1) Unemployed or underemployed
2) Not currently enrolled in school (if under 18 and a drop out, must be enrolled in Adult Education or the like which is not considered "In school")
3) Legally able to work in the US
4) A Yolo County Resident residing in West Sacramento, Davis or Clarksburg (proof of residency required)
AND have one of the following barriers to employment:
1) Foster youth (Current/AB 12)
2) Homeless (couch hopping counts)
3) Disabled (IEP/504)
4) Pregnant or parenting
5) Justice system experience (anything that is documented)
6) High school Drop out
What YCCA provides:
1) Most participants enroll in a paid work experience with a local business for up to 300 hours.
2) Assist with Interview prep, resumes, applications, job search, soft skills.
3) Assist with Post secondary applications/ FAFSA/ scholarships
4) Supportive services for those that qualify ( Bus Passes, clothing for work site/interviews, some training/certificates)
5) Connect youth with supportive services through YCCA and other organizations.
6) 1 year of follow up to assist with enrollment in education/training or finding/maintaining employment
7) Anything Education or Employment related.
8) We also have connections to the county training programs for those that are interested in going into a specific field